Practice Rides - For riders who would like to get some extra time in the saddle we offer practice rides. Once riders are able to safely catch their horse in the pasture, tack up on their own and work independently and safely at the walk & trot they can sign up for practice rides. Younger riders may also sign up for practice rides if their instructor has given their parent the "OK" to assist them during this time.
You may ONLY work on skills taught in your lessons. NO one may jump with out GES staff supervision.
- Practice rides must be taken outside of GES lesson times. Days & Times vary by season depending on the current lesson schedule. Most practice ride days are Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Other times maybe available such as weekdays before lessons.
- Riders must sign up in advance (at least a week) by submitting an email to email@example.com with the requested practice ride day, time and horse. DO NOT TEXT PR Requests.
- Practice rides are $45 per ride check or cash in an envelope with your name on it.
- Once you sign up for a practice ride you are required to pay for it regardless of taking it or not as you have reserved that horse for that day and time.
- If you sign up and don't pay it will be added to your next lesson invoice and a late fee may apply.
- Practice rides are only available to current GES lesson riders.
- We must have a practice ride policy acknowledgement form on file this will be emailed to you upon sign up for your first ride and due ahead of time.
Leasing - Leasing is a great alternative to horse ownership! Owning a horse isn't an option for everyone and leasing can give riders the chance to feel like a horse owner. Riders who wish to lease a lesson horse instead of just taking practice rides can do so for recreation or showing.
You will need to set up a meeting with Robyn (click to email) to discuss options, pricing and goals.
For riders to be successful they need to be working with the right horse. Lesson horses are intended to start riders confidently into riding and horsemanship. Then riders move on to their own personal horse (either leased or purchased). Please note that finding horses to lease/purchase can take anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. The more limited your budget or narrow the preferences the longer it takes. You have a trainer to assist you on this wonderful journey.
Lease Options are available for riders in the following levels: Level B+, C & Jump 1/2/3
GES Recreational Half Lease – $250(with lessoning rider) /$500 (without lessoning)
$250 Lease with a 4 lesson per month tuition. Rider can sign up for up to 4 practice rides and 4 lessons per month (lesson tuition $225/month). $475/month 8 rides per month.
$500 Lease without required lessons but rider must take an evaluation lesson to assess skill level and learn about horses/program. Lessons can be added as requested. Lease includes up to 3 rides per week.
We have limited horses for Recreational Leases.
GES Show Rider Half Lease - $750 (lease w/ lesson package)
Lease includes up to 12 rides per month. 1 lesson and 2 practice rides or 2 lessons and 1 practice ride as schedules allow.
GES Show Rider Full Lease - $1,100 (lease w/ lesson package)
Lease includes up to 16 riders per month. 1 lesson and 3 practice rides or 2 lessons and 2 practice rides as schedules allow.
Equipment: ALL lease riders must have their own saddle pads, grooming and bathing items. Non-lesson lease riders and Show Lease riders need their own saddles/bridles & girths as well.