Riding Academy Lessons
Guiding Horsemen of the Future!
Your success is in the details. We teach safe, quality lessons through traditional horsemanship from the ground up. We work with all our riders to set fun & challenging yet obtainable goals through our unique 3 step approach.
We teach that commitment, ambition & hard work pay off & encourage riders to enjoy their success!
~ Lesson Program Levels ~ Ages 7 to Adult
For riders just starting out we have a few quiet and experienced school horses/ponies for private and group lessons.
Our levels are as follows:
- Level A: Walk-Trot beginners are kept in private lessons until they are able to stop, steer and work at the trot. They must also demonstrate the ability to safely groom and tack up their horse or pony with limited assistance.
- Level B: Advanced Walk-Trot riders are proficient in the above skills and work on mastering the posting trot, work without stirrups and they may start to canter and work over ground poles and cavaletti's.
- Level A & B group lessons are a 3:1 ratio (rider to instructor)
- Level C: Riders become independent in handling their horse, tacking up & mounting. More canter work is introduced as are several advanced skills a the walk, trot & canter.
Jumping (2'3" & higher)
Riders looking to advance their flat skills and move into the world of jumping; we will help you find the right partner to lease or buy and advance with:
- Riders can sign up for private 1/2 hour focus or 1hr. group lessons.
- By this level riders begin working with their own horse/pony.
- Riders must be able to canter in two-point (jump position) w/o stirrups in order to be at the jumping level for verticals.
Our lessons are based on 3 full sessions:
FALL/WINTER (Sept. - March) - 30 weeks
SPRING (April - Mid-June) - 11 weeks
SUMMER (Mid-June - Aug.) - 11 weeks
*New riders are accepted on a rolling basis as openings in the program allow*
All riders new to Great Escape Stables start with an evaluation lesson.